Click here for latest news from competitive squads
Mid Sussex Marlins teaching group swimmers are selected to progress into the competitive squads by the lead coaches and head teacher based on progression through their lessons, club development gala performance and each swimmers age and proximity to Sussex county qualifying times:
• County Development Squad – Preparation for competitive swimming, competing in individual meets and aiming to reach Sussex county standard. Minimum commitment 2 sessions per week. Approximate age range 9 – 11
• County Squad – Aiming for Sussex County standard in multiple events. Minimum commitment 3 sessions per week. Approximate age range 10 – 12
• Regional Squad – Aiming for South East Region standard and multiple county QT’s. Minimum commitment 4 sessions per week. Approximate age range 11 – 15
• National Squad – Age Group and Youth. Aiming for South East Region standard in multiple events and British / ASA summer national invitation (top 44 in rankings). Minimum commitment 5 sessions per week to include a morning session. Approximate age range 13 – 17+
• Youth Group - Aiming to train to a high level but with a slightly more relaxed criteria, aiming for county standard and above. Minimum commitment, 2 sessions per week. Approximate age range 14 – 18 (youth group swimmers are encouraged to compete, progress and take part in club champs and team gala’s as selected)
All ages listed above approximate guides and are age at end of year.
Swimmers in the competitive squads are expected to follow their squads training and competition programme and requirements (see squad criteria 2016 / 2017). We expect all competitive squad swimmers to make themselves available for the club championships, Sussex league and the National Swimming League on top of their open meet schedule’s which vary squad to squad.
BECOME A MARLIN AND REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL!
We always welcome new members into the competitive squads, if you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If you would like to contact one of the lead coaches regarding any training matters please feel free to contact:
Stephen Murphy – Lead coach national squad – email@example.com
Nic Piper – Lead coach regional, county and county development – firstname.lastname@example.org