Our waterpolo players have been busy recently, here’s a summary of what they’ve been up to…
- Marlins’ Mens team has been competing in the Sussex League and will finish in the top three, possibly even grabbing second spot if they secure a big win in their last game. Currently sitting third on 12 points with a one game to go. Up to now, this remarkable story of a team climbing the heady heights of one of the most fiercely competitive leagues in the south east of the country, has been one of last gasp victories and extraordinary comebacks, however, their last victory on 17th November was something different. There was no need for comebacks or late winners. It was a confident performance from a team playing a high tempo brand of polo. One that the Marlins title winning teams from 20 years earlier would have been proud of.
- A group of 11 of Marlins youngest water polo players, aged 12 and under, took part in a Mini tournament organised by Drenched Water Polo at K2 on Saturday 23rd November. Several of our squad have only been playing since September this year and were taking part in their first competitive matches. Nevertheless , despite playing against more experienced opponents, the Marlins team gave an excellent account of themselves.
- Three Marlins girls: Ismey Hawley, Bella Power & Ella Boyle were representing the South East Region in the under 14 inter region tournament in Walsall over 30th November / 1st December. The South east came a creditable 5th out of 9 teams entering and Ismey was voted the best goalkeeper in the tournament. Congratulations to all three girls
- And not to be outdone, two Marlins boys, Max Cooper and Maty Skoda took part in the Boys U14 inter region tournament, representing the South East Region in Walsall on 7th & 8th December.
- The Sussex Under 16 girls team took part in the South East Region competition on Sunday 8th December. The Sussex team contained the following Marlins girls: Maddie Calthrop, Tahlia Vyse, Sophie Cook & Ismey Hawley (again -playing up an age group this time). Marlins’ were also well represented on the poolside with Liv Henderson & Lauren Hand as team coaches. The Sussex went through the competition undefeated and so are SE region Champions. A fantastic result and many congratulations to all involved.
Sussex U16 Girls